This page exist to provide the details needed for metalambda implementations.:
Longer treatment available here: https://github.com/fractastical/distributed-governance/blob/master/whitepapers/Game_of_MetaLife%200.33.pdf
Metalambdas are cross platform lambda functions which control computational lifeforms.
Specifically they must follow the following:
1. Allow all of the functions of the metalambda spec.
2. Measure the computational time necessary for each function call.
3. Cut off function execution time if it exceeds appropriate time limit.
4. Implement the metalambdas according the game rules (i.e. one metalambda execution
per computational step)
5. Allow for the insertion of a ”seed” which allows mutations
This means that each game of metalife implementation is, by default, fully deterministic
and that with same starting conditions you can verify the same results will be reached regardless of the game engine.